AAPM Education Whistleblower Policy
A presenter, planner, teacher or author for any and all Academy educational programs, meetings and conferences (both live and web-based) will agree to abide by and comply with the standards, obligations and commitments of the AAPM in its provider relationship with the ACCME and the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. All AAPM faculty are informed in writing of this policy (in addition to the Standards for Commercial Support) through AAPM faculty agreements.
Whistleblower Reporting Process
AAPM has established the following procedures relating to reporting complaints, concerns or violations of the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
- All complaints, concerns, and violations of the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support must be submitted in writing to the AAPM Director of Education. All reports should include enough information about the incident or situation to allow the CME Committee to investigate it properly. Should the complainant wish to remain anonymous, he or she may send the complaint in a way that does not reveal his or her identity.
- Complaints, concerns or violations received by AAPM Director of Education will be forwarded to the Chair of the Education and CME Oversight Committee as needed.
- As applicable, the Chair of the Education and CME Oversight Committee shall conduct an initial inquiry into the report and submit their findings to the committee.
- The status of any ongoing inquiry into the complaint, concern or violation will be reported as needed to the AAPM Executive Committee.
- The Chair of the Education and CME Oversight Committee is authorized to take, or cause to be taken, all appropriate actions in response to such complaints as stated in the AAPM Education Whistle Blower Policy.
- Every report of a possible violation, concern, complaint or other information relating to AAPM Education Programs and adherence to the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support will be retained in written or electronic form by the AAPM Education and CME Oversight Committee.