Participate in premier AAPM educational content developed and presented by the foremost professionals in the field of pain medicine from the comfort of your own home.
2019 AAPM Annual Meeting & Preconferences On Demand
The 2019 AAPM Annual Meeting and Preconference events are available for on-demand access. Sessions highlight the 2019 meeting theme—State-of-the-Art Advancements in Pain Medicine, which was selected by AAPM President, Jianguo Cheng, MD, PhD, to advance clinical practice that is mechanism-guided, evidence-based, and personalized in nature.
AAPM 35th Annual Meeting On Demand offers full library of more than 50 AAPM Annual Meeting sessions designed to improve clinicians' practice and ability to coordinate the multidisciplinary pain management team.
Pain Medicine Best Practices: Integrative Solutions for Critical Challenges On Demand explores the current evidence, best practices, and emerging therapies for the treatment of chronic pain.
Opioid and Non-Opioid Medications Management: Filling the Gaps, Prescribing for the Whole Patient On Demand provides timely, practical information about the pharmacologic management of chronic pain.
Hot Topics in Pain Management 2018
Hot Topics in Pain Management is a one-day course, originally presented live on December 8, 2018, in Chicago, provides an overview of the latest trends in pain management presented by nationally known experts in the multidimensional field of pain medicine. The program includes updates on the latest policies, guidelines, and approaches to pharmacological safety, procedural interventions, and interdisciplinary pain care.
Course faculty discuss the following aspects of these three key strategies for treating pain:
- Opioid and non-opioid prescribing
- Co-prescribing selections and pitfalls
- Incorporating MAT into pain practice
- Injection therapy
- Regenerative approaches
Interdisciplinary Pain Care
- Chronic pain and addiction
- Rehabilitation strategies
- Interdisciplinary functional restoration programs
- Postoperative pearls for multidisciplinary care
2018 AAPM Annual Meeting & Preconferences On Demand
The 2018 AAPM Annual Meeting and Preconference events are available for on-demand access. The 2018 meeting theme—Managing Acute and High-Impact Chronic Pain Through Multidisciplinary Care—has been woven throughout the educational program.
AAPM Annual Meeting On-Demand features a full library of 2018 AAPM Annual Meeting presentations. Sessions address a challenge among all healthcare providers, the patients clinicians care for, and the communities they live in: balancing the need for improving comprehensive pain care while responding to the growing societal epidemic of prescription opioid and opioid-related overdose and deaths. To that end, the AAPM 34th Annual Meeting was designed to provide key stakeholders—including physicians and members of their treatment teams, payers, and researchers—with the skills and knowledge necessary to improve the care provided to patients and to optimize patient outcomes.
Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary Pain-Based Care provides full access to the 2018 AAPM Annual Meeting preconference on the philosophy and benefits of interdisciplinary pain management. In light of the National Pain Strategy and treatment guidelines supporting a shift towards population-based multidisciplinary care, the role of structured interdisciplinary treatment programs and team-based care has found itself at the frontline of pain management. These recordings provide a broad stakeholder examination of multi- and inter-disciplinary pain management programs.
Pain Medicine Best Practices: Integrative Solutions for Critical Challenges provides full access to the 2018 AAPM Annual Meeting preconference that was designed for pain specialists and subspecialists, primary care providers, and trainees interested in learning how to optimize the management of chronic pain with opioid analgesics and non-opioid therapies.
Essential Tools for Treating the Patient in Pain™
2016 Essential Tools for Treating the Patient in Pain™: What Primary Care and Pain Specialists Need to Know was recorded live during the 2016 AAPM Annual Meeting in Palm Springs. The clinically-focused course combines didactic lectures, case presentations, and how-to videos on the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with various acute, cancer, end-of-life, and chronic pain syndromes to provide practical, immediately implementable tools and techniques.
- The Difficult Patient: Barriers to Success & Strategies for Success
- Marijuana as an Analgesic
- Chronic Opioid Therapy: Who Needs It, How to Start It, When and How to Stop It
- Spine Surgery: Who Needs It?
- Quick Approach to the Pain Psychiatric Interview
- Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms
- Understanding and Treating Neuropathic Pain
- Physical Examination of the Spine, Shoulder, Hip, and Knee
The American Academy of Pain Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Opioid & Non-Opioid Medications Management
Opioid & Non-Opioid Medications Management: Filling in the Gaps, Prescribing for the Whole Patient was recorded live during the 2016 AAPM Annual Meeting in Palm Springs. The focus of this course is to provide useful, practical information about the use of opioid and non-opioid analgesics to improve the effective pharmacologic management of adults with chronic pain in the primary care setting.
- Opioid Management, Pharmacology, & Tapering
- Abuse-Deterrent Technologies
- Hyperalgesia: From Bench-Side into Clinical Practice Debate
- Methadone: What Physicians Need to Know
- Opioid-Induced Constipation Pain
- Epidemiology of Abuse, Misuse, and Addiction
- Addiction Medication Primer
- Anticonvulsants for Neuropathic Pain
- Psychiatric Medication Primer for the Pain Clinician: Depression and Anxiety
- Muscle Relaxers: Review of Agents and Evidence
- Headache Medications
- Insomnia: Medication Approaches
The American Academy of Pain Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 10.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPM Coding Seminars discuss industry trends in pain medicine-related medical coding, billing, auditing, compliance, practice management, and more. Choose from more than ten available seminars that are designed to save you and your practice time and money.
AAPM Coding Seminars are presented by Emily Hill, PA, an expert on coding reimbursement, compliance, and practice management issues. Available seminars include:
- Preparing for 2018: Update on Coding and CMS Policy Changes
- Navigating MIPS: The New Quality Program and What It Means for Your Practice
- Understanding RBRVS and What it Means for You & Your Practice
- Understanding Modifiers and Other CME Updates
- ICD-10 Case Studies for Pain Medicine Services
- ICD-10 Coding and Your Pain Practice
- Essentials of Coding for Pain
PCSS Webinars are designed to educate pain medicine providers on safe, responsible, and ethical prescribing. With increasing scrutiny on opioid prescription practices and growing concerns over the abuse of opioid prescription drugs, these modules provide essential and practical educational content. Each AAPM/PCSS webinar recording is available for free and offers the opportunity to earn CME credit.
- Navigating the Challenges in an Era of Opioid Deprescribing: Behavioral Strategies for Patient Engagement and Success
- Navigating Perception and Managing Expectations in a Changing Prescribing Environment
- A Shifting Paradigm: From Biomedical to Biopsychosocial Interactions
- Demystifying Drug Interactions with Combined Analgesics Across Various Therapeutic Classes
Opioid-Induced Constipation Resources
Recommendations on Initiating Prescription Therapies for Opioid-Induced Constipation Part 1 & Part 2 discuss an optimal symptom-based method for assessing opioid-induced constipation in clinical practice and a threshold of symptom severity to prompt consideration of prescription therapy.
Special AAPM Annual Meeting Seminars
Select special seminars from previous AAPM Annual Meeting educational events are available featuring key leaders and pain medicine experts discussing the latest developments in the science of pain medicine and best methodologies for the delivery of pain medicine services.