Multidisciplinary Pain Textbooks
AAPM has several published educational texts devoted to multidisciplinary approaches to pain treatment and management. Many are available both in print and digitally.
Comprehensive Treatment of Chronic Pain by Medical, Interventional, and Behavioral Approaches: The American Academy of Pain Medicine Textbook on Patient Management
Timothy S. Deer, MD, Michael S. Leong, MD, Asokumar Buvanendran, MD, Vitaly Gordin, MD, Philip S. Kim, MD, Sunil J. Panchal, MD, Albert L. Ray, MD
This state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary textbook covering medical, interventional, and integrative approaches to the treatment and management of pain is designed as a practical and comprehensive primary reference for busy physicians and is also an up-to-date resource for preparing for certification examinations in pain medicine. This text features
- cutting-edge medical topics, such as monitoring opioid use and abuse, and the emerging role of cannabinoids in pain treatment
- expert guidance on the full range of interventional techniques
- clinical anatomy and physiology for the interventionist
- behavioral dimensions of the experience and management of pain
- integrative approaches for treating the “whole person”
- legal issues, such as failure to treat pain
- firsthand patient accounts.
If you want specific updates on an area of chronic pain management, buy one of these sections of the comprehensive Textbook on Patient Management, available in softcover: