1 minute reading time (128 words)
New AAPM SIG: Interventional and Neuromodulation
AAPM recently created a new Interventional and Neuromodulation Shared Interest Group. This SIG is dedicated to supporting interventional pain medicine through:
- Research and evaluation by identifying knowledge gaps and providing a framework for projects to improve these gaps.
- Educational programming for various AAPM endeavors including the annual meeting. The programming initiative focuses on a comprehensive approach to identify indications and outcomes for interventions as part of a comprehensive and multidisciplinary pain medicine strategy.
- Mentorship for younger practitioners through a program for faculty and career development and networking.
- The development of a comprehensive evaluation of interventions, non-invasive and invasive techniques, used in the multitude of specialties represented in AAPM.
- An inclusive leadership strategy with numerous co-chairs representing the myriad of interventions in this space.